Sunday, February 19, 2012

Chalk Paint Projects

Hi friends.  In my last post I mentioned that I tried my homemade chalk paint on a chair that I had out in the garage. 


















This chair started out light blue.  I painted it one coat with my homemade chalk paint which is a light sage green color.  I sanded it to reveal some of the blue and then wiped it with a light brown glaze.  It's nothing exciting, but it was a good candidate to test my paint.

We got home from a college baseball game tonight and I'm happy to report that my homemade chalk paint was still the consistency of paint - yea!  I painted these two frames tonight.

I used the same chalk paint color but wiped with dark wax after sanding. 

So, I still may use less Plaster of Paris next time but adding the water seems to have worked on this first batch.  Have you tried to make your own homemade chalk paint yet?



2 comments:

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

The POP worked terribly for me, but the calcium carbonate worked like a charm!!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I bought the Plaster of Paris but haven't done it yet, teensy bit afraid that it won't turn out:) The chair and frames look great!

Rondell